THE FOOD DELIVERY INDUSTRY
A recent research study in the UK and other market shows that consumers are positive about the availability of food deliveries.
- 39% of consumers expect to order more food online
- 70% agree deliveries can help consumers deal with the crisis
- 63% worry about limited access to delivery due to restaurant closures
- 82% of the customers agree that delivery will be more important than ever
- 85% of customers say they will order delivery the same amount or more often than they did before the pandemic.
- 65% agree they’re spending more on takeaways, to givethemselves something to look forward to
- 43% of parents say they have less free time than before the pandemic
Lockdown has changed consumer behaviour, as groups and families are forced to stay at home.
During lockdown, customers that chose to cook before are now coming to the food delivery market with group orders, or for a treat. Right now, there's a lower than normal supply and higher consumer demand. A good ordering experience now means the same customers have you in mind longer term.
In some countries more than 40% of the restaurants reported medium or high intent to reopen one or more sites. In the UK and other markets, it's reassuring to see demand for food delivery continuing to grow.
Delivery and takeaway food is an increasingly important feature of urban living, uptake is highest in the capital, a high percentage of customers claiming to have used a delivery platform when ordering.
Technology has been the catalyst, driving uptake via mobile platforms and digital marketing. Full service delivery platforms, like Deliveroo, open up new channels.
The consumer wants choice and convenience - to place an order online or through an app, and to receive a restaurant-quality meal at home.
The food delivery industry is exploding 20% Year on Year Growth. The global food delivery market will be worth £365B by 2030.
Londoners favourite cuisine?
- Italian 49%
- Japanese 30%
- British 18%.
- Latino American cuisine shows consumer desire for more authentic Latin flavours and dishes
We are looking to rapidly grow the business with qualified entrepreneurs who offer the right mix of expertise, enthusiasm and sufficient capital to fund it.
We support our partners with:
- Intellectual property rights
- Start-up assistance
- Comprehensive training
- Operations manual
- Supplier assistance
- On-site training
- Marketing assistance
- Audits and inspections
- On-going menu, concept and operational improvements
If you would like to know more about our franchise partnership opportunities, contact us.