We are committed to making sure that your information is safe, so your information will be held in a secure environment, and access to it will be on a “need to know” basis. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect the information we collect from you.
Please do not provide data to us if you do not want your personal data to be used in the ways set out here.
Any personal information we collect will only be used in line with all the applicable data protection regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Under One Kitchen Limited (Japanified) Incorporated and registered in England and Wales with Company number 12956745 whose registered office is 121 Cannon Workshops, Cannon Drive, Canary Wharf, London, E14 4AS
We process the personal information of customers, trade customers and enquirers, suppliers and workers.
We will collect and use the following personal data you give us when visiting the site, ordering from us, asking for information, subscribing to our e-newsletter or applying for jobs.
The data we collect includes:
- for orders, name, email address, company name, order details;
- for enquiries, postal address mobile phone number, twitter handle, Facebook address, Instagram handle;
- for complaints, postal address, email address or phone number.
- Contact details, work experience and interview notes when you apply to work for us
- Any other personal information that you choose to send us.
We also collect information about you from other sources, including demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
We collect information from your computer and about your visits to and use of this website. This includes collecting unique online identifies such as IP addresses, which are numbers that uniquely identify a specific computer or other device on the internet. Please see our Cookies section for more details.
We may collect and process additional information with your permission.
We will hold and use the personal data we collect via , our applicant tracking system, our app, social media, our transactional data, from your emails on our website, from surveys and forms and other ways you communicate with us.
We only use your data in the way you wish, and we shall always respect your privacy. We must have one or more legal reasons to process your personal information. They are:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you, if you are a customer, supplier or worker.
- For our legitimate interests in providing you with news and information about our products and services. You are in complete control of your data and can choose not to receive these messages, either when you first provide your data, or in every communication we send you afterwards. A legitimate interest is when Japanified has a business or commercial reason to process your information and it will always be fair and in your best interests.
- We have conducted legitimate interest assessments in which our interests and those of our clients, suppliers, business contacts and prospects are balanced.
- When you give us consent to process your data
- When it is our legal duty, for example to disclose your details to government bodies such as HMRC or law enforcements agencies.
We use your personal information to reply to you or to keep you updated about any of our wonderful new products, our kitchens/shops, services, internal record keeping, analysis, profiling, market research, customer service and to improve our products (we are always striving to make things even better). Of course, you may tell us to stop contacting you at any time. If you have applied for an Japanified vacancy on our jobs adds, your data may be used for HR administration, Finance or payroll purposes depending on the outcome of your application.
We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons. We may exchange your personal information with other Japanified.
We may pass your personal information onto a third party (a ‘data processor’) working on our behalf to process your data. They will safeguard your information for us under data protection regulations.
Your information will be used by the following parties under our control:
- To workers who deliver our services
- Third parties who provide a service to us, for example
- o our website hosting company
- o our technical support company
- o our email distribution platform
- o our customer database company
- o our delivery teams
- o our office and email systems
- o our accounting, payroll and HR platforms
We shall keep your personal data within Japanified and our trusted third parties except where disclosure is required by law, for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies
We only keep your personal information for as long as we need to, so that we can use it for the reasons described above. Where your information is no longer required or is no longer relevant, we will ensure it is disposed of securely.
The actual period for which we store your personal information will vary depending on the type of personal information and how it is used.
We would love to send you information about our menu, any special offers, promotions, services, shops and restaurants of ours which may be of interest to you. You will be offered the option to opt in or opt out before completing your purchase or via email. If you consent to receive marketing you may opt out at any time.
You can set own your preferences via our preferences platform. Or, if you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right at any time to ask us what personal information we hold about you, and to ask us to update, amend or delete any data that is incorrect or out of date. As data controller, we will be as clear and transparent as possible and uphold any requests for data disclosure or amendment as soon as possible.
To protect your privacy and security we may need to verify your identity before disclosing or deleting your data. Due to the nature of our business, it may take up to 30 days for an amendment to become effective but we will do all we can to ensure the delay is kept to a minimum.
You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of your personal data. However, we will retain just enough of your personal data to ensure that the restriction is respected in the future. You have the right to object to your personal data being processed, for marketing and for research purposes. From the very first communication from us and every marketing communication we send after you will have the right to object to marketing. You can change your preferences here